Friday 25 October 2013

A Not-So Creative Friday!


Well, if someone would like to tell me where they hid October, I would be entirely grateful!  Seriously, where has this month gone?  It only seems like yesterday I was moaning about an 'official Indian Summer' and basking in the aftermath of my anniversary with Mr Peachy!  Now, Halloween is fast approaching, I've got about three days to do my challenge project for #CraftBlogClub and I have been forced to accept that Christmas really is just around the corner!

My tutorials and Creative Fridays have been a little quiet of late - not intentionally, of course, I've just been so busy with EVERYTHING!  I'm currently sat in bed with the laptop, enveloped in a very welcome quiet, whilst my poorly little girl sleeps her sore throat off next door - bless her!  Sometimes, for everyone, things just get a little too much and you need to take stock of what you are doing and HOW you are getting it done!  I spoke to one of my absolute favourite people in the world today and she said 'I don't know how you do it all.'  The trouble is, neither do I!



This month has been a whirlwind of knitting up some lovely gnome orders for some lovely people and deciding on the best way to package them!  These dudes are coming along nicely and, rest assured, I've been working my little behind off to finish them all - I can't wait to get them sent out to their new homes for Christmas, once they are all ready, of course!

I've also set myself the task of learning to crochet, ready for Tuesday's BIG CHALLENGE REVEAL at #CraftBlogClub - I can't wait to post the results (unless it all goes horribly wrong) as I've had this idea since I launched the challenge.  I'm really excited to see everyone's finished results - judging from last month, the standard will be spectacular, I'm sure!

I've taken to the kitchen again and created a wonderfully indulgent winter recipe, which will be published in the coming days over on Yahoo - I can't wait to share it with you guys, here's a sneaky pic to whet the appetite!



I was also really lucky to spend a little bit of time back at home, with my Mum, after a short bout of illness and a little bit of teething pain with Miss Daisy.  Home comforts are just what you need when you're feeling a little weak and, as my parents live all the way down in Somerset, I don't get to see them as much as I would like!  But it was lovely to have a short break and I can't wait to spend Christmas down South again this year!

So What Now??

Well...I mentioned I would do my first Handmade Giveaway, when I reached 100 followers on Bloglovin'...and I've since crept up to 126 followers, so a HUGE thank you to my followers new and old.  I'm currently designing a special little something to make and giveaway and this will be up on the site as soon as possible!  Don't worry - I'll tweet the hell out of it so you won't miss a chance to enter!

I have also decided to sign up for November's Blog A Day challenge - where I shall be posting a blog each day!! I've decided to use some of the set prompts, but have also come up with a few of my own, with the help from a few Twitter friends!  I see November as a real chance to write about a few more personal things - as well as the usual concoction of #CraftBlogClub, recipe, crafty goodness there will be a few more unusual posts thrown in.  Is there anything you would like to ask me?? Go ahead...I might just write about it in November!

Things are also going great with the Frugally Fabulous Year and I'm so excited that so many people want to take part - button to follow guys (remember I'm practically a technophobe, aside from typing)!  I've spent the last week thinking about posts and things I want to try and discuss - frugal is our name, sustainability and saving are our game! 

I'VE DUSTED OFF MY NOVEL!

That's right, my little novel has been sat, half finished, for about two years and, after dreaming about it, I have decided now is the time to set to work finishing this piece!  I am keeping it all under wraps for now - but I'm so excited to be writing it again!  This book is my (other) baby - I hope to be able to share it with you all in the not-so-distant future!



And Finally...

I am very excited to reveal I have been nominated for Blogger of the Month over at the wonderful site, Vintage Shopper.  I have been nominated for my post about searching for a vintage-inspired post-pregnancy wardrobe and I NEED YOUR VOTES!

I would absolutely love it, if you could pop over and VOTE HERE for me if you have a spare minute!  I loved writing this post and Vintage Shopper is such a great site to be affiliated with!  Thank you so much!

Well, I think that's about it from me...I'm off to plan, dream and hopefully CROCHET!

Stay Crafty! x


5 comments:

Hurrah For Gin said...

Crikey i feel tired just reading that post! You will be busy :)

Hope Daisy feels better soon, we have has a virus in our house but better now thank goodness x

Unknown said...

I've voted for you, you're winning hands down! =D

Really interested in the Frugally Fabulous year but my birthday and Christmas are coming so know I wouldn't stick with it right now. Is it ok if I join in after Christmas? Xx

Katherine Hajer said...

Great news all around... glad to hear the novel's getting dusted off! 'Tis the season...

Actually Mummy... said...

Oh your gnome is so cute! I wish I was a crafter

Unknown said...

I adore the gnome! He looks so cute. And gosh I don't know how you fit so much in either, I struggle to get the day to day stuff done let alone dust off my sewing machine.

#newbietuesday