Tuesday 24 December 2013

Review: Forever Living Aloe Cosmetics

In recent years, I've become increasingly interested in using environmentally-friendly cosmetics.  It must be something to do with almost the tipping the 30-point, but I'm always on the look out for cosmetics and brands that are non-abrasive on both the skin AND the environment!

So I was really excited to receive some products from Forever Living who, founded in 1978, are the largest grower and manufacturer of aloe vera and beehive products in the world.  Just taking a look at their website, they offer a whole range of products, from make-up, skincare and aromatherapy to supplements and products for your wellbeing.  Their aloe vera products all fall under the seal of approval from the International Aloe Science Council and their products are all grown using ecologically responsible procedures, that keep the aloe gel as pure as possible; from the leaf to the body.  Even before trialling the products, I knew I was in safe hands.

I received some great skincare products to try, as well as some aloe shampoo and toothgel - which promised whitening without the use of bleaching products.  Now for someone who guzzles as much tea as I do, this was potentially the Godsend I'd been dreaming of.  I was intrigued and excited to try all the products, but the toothgel was the first I tried.  The gel itself had a familiar toothpaste-mint taste and really freshened as a 'normal' fluoride toothpaste would.  I didn't see any immediate whitening effects, but I would definitely be willing to swap my regular paste, for this one.

I received some great skincare products from Forever Living, also, in my little selection.  The moisturisers left my skin feeling really soft and I loved the 'freshly scrubbed' feeling it gave me.  Unlike other skin products, the fragrance is pretty 'natural' and unperfumed, but I felt really fresh and healthy using these products and, whilst I'm very lucky with my skin hardly ever reacting unfavourably to products; I felt as if I was doing my skin some good using natural products.  The Aloe Vera Gelly, which you apply once you have cleansed, is a great product for sensitive skin and particularly recommended for conditions such as ezcema and psoriasis.  The gelly felt like an incredibly soft lubricant on my skin and was probably my stand out product of the ones I tried.  In my eyes, you can't beat a good moisturiser!

Overall, my trial of some of the Forever Living products on sale really heightened my interest in looking into more of the available range.  I loved the natural feeling of each product and, with issues such as chemicals, pesticide interference and, of course, animal-testing high on the tackling agenda in the beauty industry, it was lovely to work with a brand that is cruelty-free and quality-assured.  I was really impressed with each product and would be keen to use each one on a more permanent basis.  

A huge thank you to Nicola from Forever Living - who sent the products and who provided such great information about the company.  If you want to know more, why not check out the Website for yourself and treat yourself to some wonderful products for a healthier you in 2014?

Disclaimer: I was sent these Forever Living products to review for the purpose of this blog post, but all views and opinions are my own and are unbiased.

No comments: