Thursday, 14 November 2013
#NaBloPoMo November 14th: The Big 30 Bucket List
There is absolutely no use in denying that next year, 2014, I will be turning 30! T.H.I.R.T.Y. Strangely, though, I am quite looking forward to hitting the next decade. When I think back to my early twenties, I shudder at the indecisiveness and the years I spent babbling through insecurities and finding my way in the big bad world! There is something to be said for a contented nature, that really only comes with age (and some kind of strange wisdom), I hope to be even more of the person I am today when I hit my thirties.
Wistful musing aside, I thought I would write a bucket list of '30 Things to do Before I Turn 30'. I have less than one year, that really isn't very long - but when have I ever been one to turn a challenge down?!
1. Finish the first draft of my Novel.
2. Learn to Dress Make - one of the bigger challenges in my Frugally Fabulous Year
3. Feature my work in a National Publication!
4. Bake an unrivalled cake for Daisy's First Birthday!
5. Take up driving lessons - of sorts - again.
6. Take Daisy to the beach.
7. Visit Whitby
8. Take a trip to Berlin
9. NAIL baking Mince Pies
10. Complete one month of Blogging Every Day
11. Watch Doctor Zhivago (it's been sat in its cellophane wrapper for over a year)
12. Visit Sheffield (other than passing through, I've never stopped for a shop)!
13. Add to my Tattoo Collection
14. Design and make my Dream Garden Space.
15. Organise #CraftBlogClub meet up
16. Take a Family Camping Trip
17. Draw a Self Portrait
18. Finally go to see Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake LIVE!
19. Learn Amigurumi Crochet...hell, just learn to Crochet
20. Visit the Bronte House in Yorkshire
21. Collect and read the final books in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles.
22. Have a Vampire Marathon - watch all my favourite Vamps in one day!
23. Enter a short story competition
24. Re-visit my old stomping grounds in London
25. Learn to Knit In The Round
26. Make Memory Bears from Daisy's first outfits
27. Take Daisy to White Post Farm
28. Upcycle my first BIG piece of Furniture
29. Organise a Twisted Tea Party for my 30th
30. Learn to make something with Polymer Clay
Have I missed anything? What's on your bucket list??